Ada Mode is an industrial technology and data science company whose aim is to improve the performance of complex industrial processes through artificial intelligence, engineering expertise and design thinking. Ada Mode helps clients by identifying opportunities in their data, designing a strategy and developing the solution. All of our solutions are bespoke to the customer, built on technology developed in-house. Ada Mode is currently developing game-changing technology for wind energy, nuclear energy, tidal energy, water treatment and manufacturing. We are looking to grow in all these areas to support the proliferation of clean energy and highly efficient industrial performance. We are an SME with a strong order book and are looking for someone who shares our vision and has enthusiasm for growing and developing an exciting business.
We operate flexible working but would like you to be in the office at least once a week. This role can either be based in our Southampton or Bristol office with occasional trips between our offices and to client sites. A successful applicant will join our growing development team working alongside fellow data scientists, front end designers, software developers and engineers to deliver innovative data driven solutions across industry.
• Produce software design specifications relating to data, API and cloud services
• Work alongside domain experts, data scientist and front-end developers to frame and solve key industrial problems
• Contribute to the development of bespoke web-based client software, tools and other product development activity for data science and digital twin applications
• Productionise and deploy web applications at scale in an optimised framework
• Suggest and design development & deployment best practices including the configuration of cloud infrastructure (preferably AWS)
• Understand client data systems and develop technical product specifications
• Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines for various applications
• Maintain and optimise our cloud architectures in terms of reliability, security, and efficiency
Our Tech Stack
• Data Science: Python/R: Tensorflow/Keras/Scikit-learn
• Backend: Python – Flask, R - Plumber
• Cloud Provider: AWS
• Data Engineering: MySQL + AWS S3, Dagster/Airflow, Lambda
• Front End: Vue.js
• Extras: Docker, Git, Github actions, various AWS functions, VS Code
BSc and ideally an MSc/MEng in computer science. In lieu of a degree, demonstrable experience will also be considered.
• Demonstrable experience in the design and development of web applications from the backend
• Strong programming skills in Python with knowledge of some common web development platforms such as Flask or FastAPI
• Significant cloud computing experience (preferably AWS) for web app development covering some of compute, storage, app development and DevOps functionality.
• CI/CD techniques such as github actions and development of staging environments
• Cloud architecture design and budgeting
• Software development best practices including agile development, version control, sprint planning
• API development and architecture design
• Some experience or awareness of data driven software development considerations such as database management, scheduling or ETL/ELT pipeline development
• Creative problem-solving skills
Extra skills/experience we would like to hear about:
• Data science product development
• Applications of your work in an industrial setting
• Working in a start-up